Another post, another “p,” another no picture. Oh well. I didn’t make dinner tonight, so there’s that.
Quick Pickled Red Cabbage (makes about 1 quart)
- 1 head cabbage
- several tbsp. salt
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. white vinegar
- white peppercorns
- mustard seed
- Core and shred cabbage. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Rinse cabbage and squeeze excess moisture out.
- Bring water, vinegars, and spices to a simmer.
- Pack cabbage into glass jars, and pour hot brine over the top. Let sit out at room temperature for 1-3 days, and then refrigerate.